August 29, 2005

Weight Loss Total Second Week

I started this current weight loss attempt on 14 August, if you slide down the page you can see how things have been going since then.

Broken Scale ImageThe second week is over. In my head I hear Chairman Kaga of the Iron Chef declare "Time is up and the week two battle is ooovvver!"

That is what each week is a small battle unto itself. Sometimes you win the battle sometimes you lose the battle. But the war wages on.

This week I definitely won the battle. I didn't succumb to the lure of the dancing Cheez-its as I had done last week and was anxious to see the final tally. So I got up and stepped up to the scale and was amazed by what I saw.

In only one week I had lost 16lbs!

I know it's hard to believe but the scale doesn't lie.

How could this be? Did the law of physics change during the week?

Broken Scale ImageDid the weight loss fairly visit me during the night and magically reduced my weight?

My wife got on the scale and she also lost double digits for the week. I got on the scale again and this time the results were different but still a massive weight loss. Every time I got on the scale the numbers were different. While my scale doesn't look as bad as the one pictured here it operates just like it. Obviously they are both broken.

Payday is coming up and a new scale will be purchased. Hopefully the new scale will show about the same weight as the last when it was working. I filled in 2lbs for a loss on the thermometer because the second week of any attempt when I have been this good easily equates to 2lbs.

Hopefully this week will be a continuance of last week. I am currently on the second to last hole on my belt and I am ready to start using the third hole from the end. Wish me luck.

No comments: