August 21, 2005

Weight Loss Total First Week

Weight Loss Nemisis Cheez-it
Well the first week is in the books. I know you all want to known.

How did I do?

Were records set?

Did you meet your first week goal?

The truth is the first week was a disaster. I succumbed to the lure of the dancing Cheez-its.

This first week I was working out the details of how I was going to proceed and basically just "phoned it in". Which means that I didn't try at all. I justified it to myself by internally complaining about "this, that or the other thing" that happened this week that threw me off of my game. I mean after all it couldn't be my fault I didn't succeed, could it :) ?

That being said, how can I improve this week?

The method I'm taking to improve my chances of success is to start journaling everything I eat. I am going to utilize my palm pilot and keep track of the foods I eat and utilize the Points system that was developed by Weight Watchers.

I had previously signed up for the Weight Watchers at Home program and have all of the information. Add to that a food database & points calculator on my palm pilot and I can keep track of points on the fly and give this system a chance.

A co-worker of mine has signed up for Weight Watchers online and says that the tools and info are worth it to her. She recommends it highly. Me I'm too cheap, go for it if you can afford it.

I also put up a weight loss goal thermometer on my sidebar to let me and the rest of the world know at a glance where I stand.

So how bad did I do........?

Weight Loss for the first week was... .5 lbs

No comments: