March 22, 2014

Week 9: 20% of the way there

This week sees me breaking through my second ten pound goal.  To date I am down 20.4lbs.  This means I am 20.4% of my way to losing 100lbs.  Two 10lb losses down and 8 more left to go.

I know you are all wondering exactly what is the secret to my success, well I'll tell you.  I owe all of my success to staying out of the drive-thru window.  This week marks 2 months with-out once stopping for fast food.
 
At 280lbs I had to consume around 3000 calories a day to maintain or slightly grow my weight and a 2 cheeseburger meal (2 Cheeseburgers, Fries & Diet Coke) from McDonald's was part of that equation.  This wonderful meal clocked in between 800 and 1000 calories depending on whether I got a medium or large fries.  My only saving grace was that my caffeine addiction is sugar free in the form of diet coke or I would have tacked on another 280 calories to the meal.

So besides coming up with a plan to avoid the honor bar of snacks at work I had to ensure I ate dinner prior to heading off to work or that I had healthy alternatives waiting for me at work in the freezer.

That's my big secret thus far, don't eat junk.  This week I weighed in at 259.8 for a loss this week of 1.6lbs and a running total weight loss of 20.4lbs. See you again next week.

No comments: