February 15, 2014

Week 4: Sweet & Salty

This was a good week.  I'm still experimenting with items at work to keep me from snacking.  This week in addition to last weeks list I added:
  • Pimento stuffed olives - 1 serving 5 olives - 1 point
  • Blue Bunny - No Sugar Added Sweet Freedom Fudge Lites - 1 Bar - 1 point
  • Utz Sourdough Pretzel Nuggets - 10 pretzels - 2 points
These items satisfy my sweet and salt desires and keep me out of the junk that fills my work space.

At home my wife made some great dishes and figuring out proper portion size was a little bit of a challenge.  But I did my best and thoroughly enjoyed her cooking.

Additionally I added some new things to help me manage at home. 
  • Egg, Hard Boiled - 1 egg - 2 points
  • Oikos Greek Nonfat Yogurt - 5.3 oz. - 3 points
  • Apples - 0 points
  • Bananas - 0 points
  • Tangelos - 0 points
  • Salads - 0 points
  • Milk, skim - 2 points per cup
These items are easy go-to items that help keep me on track with decent nutrition.
It is still early on, but so far I have been achieving my small goals such as sticking to recording everything in my food journal via my Android app.  Week 4 is complete and definitely a success.  My weight loss this week was 2 lbs. for a running total of 12.2 lbs lost.

No comments: